View Single Post

Old 03-30-2020, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,640 Times in 5,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
I've seen those ads by agents for 4% & 5% commission. At 4%, that doesn't give much room for the listing agent to spend time and money on marketing a particular property. And I might add, do you really want to put your trust and faith in someone who so willingly cuts their commission just to get the listing?
Well, some people say that you get what you pay for. But, there are also agents who will charge a 6 percent commission to list a property and still won't really do much to sell it. I would never agree to pay a 6 percent commission without a written marketing plan from the listing agent. The internet plays a much more important role in selling houses than it used to. When I have listed houses, most of the time another agent finds the buyer before the listing agent does. Also, most houses are eventually sold for less than the asking price. If you get a low offer, you can always renegotiate the commission as part of accepting a lower offer. The commission in the listing agreement only applies if they bring you a full price offer.