Thread: ETA April 2020
View Single Post

Old 03-30-2020, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Bretired View Post
That is fantastic, John W.

Although I love the Ravens I must admit I was a huge Colts fan back in the Johnny U. Days!
I got both Johnny U and Raymond Berry's autograph and a few others, Bubba Smith, Jimmy Orr (28) my favorite, Rick Volk (21), Lenny Lyles, Don Shinnick, from a trip to camp in Westminister about '67. I remember it was '67 because Bubba was a rookie and Gino Marchetti had just retired, but he showed up in a suit driving an Eldorado convertible out onto the field and took off his coat and started giving Bubba Lessons. Got Gino's autograph too.

I've also got most of the Orioles starters autographed photos from '66 team that sweep the Dodgers in the WS. My parents left Perry Hall when I was 9 and I actually grew up in St. Petersburg and my cousin mailed me the photos from Baltimore and when the O's were in town for spring training, I ran into Louie Aparcio outside the bus and he took the photos onboard and got them all signed. Now, I sort of Rays fan unless Angelos ever sells the O's, I live in reality. I'm sure you've got many stories from back in the day, but the Colts are no longer I'am a Ravens fan from opening day 1996 at Memorial Stadium I was there.