View Single Post

Old 03-31-2020, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Our local WD, Publix and Wal-Mart managers have no mind and do not listen to the news. They could really enhance social distancing. Instead, it is business as usual. The other day I was in WD and some really old codger was crowding me from the rear...first, thinking he would speed the cashier by unloading his groceries by pushing me forward, second by thinking the payment system would be faster if he again crowded me. When I asked for distance, he was unable to hear me! I have no doubt that COVID will spread rapidly in TV unless the stores assist in this process.

Are the grocery stores simply unaware that COVID-19 is here and TV is especially vulnerable?

I've observed the same thing. Wonder if that same guy you encountered was the guy I had behind me. Good Grief!! "My" guy could hear just fine though...just seemed extremely in a hurry and thought by crowding he could get the process moving a long. SMH Also the same observations with the grocery stores. Though I thought I'd read WD had implemented some procedures. Haven't been to one but read it in the paper.