View Single Post

Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Boomer that I am, I have friends who are entering the 60's. Their own 60's. The ones that seemed so far away back in the other 60's.

Have you ever tried to find a birthday card specifically for birthday number 60?

Every single one I could find was all sappy and respectful and dignified. Like I would be sending it to some wizened sage of the tribe or something. They were just awful. Most of them were in shades of purple with various flower arrangements all over them.

The ones for turning 50 were just fine. (I thought about buying one of those and converting the 5.) But what's with the ones for turning 60? Have those people who design cards ever met any real 60 year-olds?

So anyway, I found a card finally. But it did not have an age on it. It was just one of those generally smart alecky cards that women like to send to other women. So I wrote a little note on it about b'day number 60. But while I was writing the note, I nearly ruined the card and had to pen a little apology for making a mess of it. I did not have my bifocals on and I wrote part of what I was saying completely off the edge of the card.

This is so not fair.

Had an appropriate card been available I would not have needed my bifocals. (which I could not find at the time, but later noticed, when I looked in a mirror, that I had propped them up on top of my head.)

Oh, and I forgot to mail the card today.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-16-2008 at 07:36 PM.