Thread: ETA April 2020
View Single Post

Old 03-31-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I live in Tamarind Grove which is next to Buttonwood. I spend a lot of time at Brownwood since I go to MVP Gym quite often, and I like seeing the bands there because of the seating. I also like Lake Sumter (LSL) just because of the way it's laid out and their movie theater best. I think Tamarind Grove, St. James, Duval, St. Charles and Gilchrist are the best locations for being halfway between these two squares. These are my first choices, I'm also a golfer and can reach 7 championship courses in my golf cart within 20 minutes.

Buttonwood would be about as close as you can get if you cannot find something in one of those villages. The only negative to Buttonwood is there are about 1200 homes in that village and there really is only one way in and out, Buttonwood Run. The cars can backup quite often trying to get out of there since St. Charles has become so busy. I live on the other side of St. Charles near Sterling Hgts Rec Ctr., we've only got 80 designer homes and 80 villas in our immediate vicinity, much easier to get in and out.

Find what interest you. Living in Towson, you're probably use to having everything right at your fingertips. You might consider Virginia Trace where you can almost walk to LSL or Collier where you do the same to Brownwood. Get a $5 map, every sales office has them and study it. When you see a rental, map it out and see what's near. Maybe you like to see high high school football games, check out Tall Trees near the Villages High School, we usually have a good team. Maybe you'll be into softball, I played 5 seasons when I first arrived. The men's games are mostly played at Buffalo Glen by the high school or Saddlebrook by the polo fields. Even when I played it was only 20 minutes by car to get to those places. There are so many possibilities. If you have any questions, sent me a message.

The home listed above in Buttonwood, on a golf course those lots were $135K premium when the home sold new, probably in 2010. So on a normal lot a similar home would be about $400K. Consider do you want a golf course in your backyard, or for that price, a birdcage swimming pool you can use everyday and the cost would be less since it was probably a $75K investment initially.