View Single Post

Old 03-31-2020, 10:43 AM
Default It's really pretty simple, as others have described....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
TV agents are just that. Agents of the developer that sell new construction, new spec homes, and they list and sell previously owned homes in The Villages thru their Villages Listing Service. They are not licensed Realtors, therefor they cannot participate in the sale of any broker listed home inside or out of The Villages. I have recently seem a few agents advertised as "licensed agents" I don't know what that means as they aren't using the trademarked Realtor designation.
Outside of The Villages, there are licensed real estate Brokers, who own their own office/company, and work representing buyers and sellers. There are also Brokers in Charge, licensed as a Broker but run an office/company for another party. And then, there are licensed Realtors who work for outside of The Villages agencies as sales reps and buyers agents.
Unless something has changed, these two groups are like oil and water. They don't mix, and they don't cooperate on transactions. Realtors don't sell new/used Villages inventory, and Villages agents work for the developer and in cooperation with other Villages agents
Not sure what part of the bolded passage you can't absorb?? ALL persons selling Real Estate in the State of Florida are required to meet the SAME licensing guidlines, both for education/classroom time, AND passing the SAME State Exam. Once they do that, regardless who they choose to work for (Properties of TV, ReMax, Century 21, etc.), they do so as Licensed Real Estate AGENTS. For anyone working for a Broker/Firm that is a Member of the Nat'l Assoc. of REALTORS, once they pay their dues to join that group, they can use the designation and trademarked logo of "Realtor" on their cards, letters, etc.

That's about all there is to it! Don't make it more confusing than it needs to be. Others have explained adequately who can show/sell what properties, so I'm staying away from that. Hope that helps a little.....