View Single Post

Old 04-01-2020, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
In all sincerity, what will testing everybody prove? You may test negative on Monday but you may test positive on Thursday and asked to remain at home which we should be doing anyway. Will we ask those who may have a mild infection to wear a “C” on their shirts until they’re negative? Sounds like something tried before. You are not shoving a stick up my nose for no good reason.
I've yet to hear from anyone who understands what is really happening in the US and globally suggest that we don't need more widespread testing. While you may not want a "stick up your nose" it is not for "no good reason." This isn't going away until we have a vaccine or until enough people contract the virus and develop antibodies and are not able to continue to spread the virus (R naught is < 1). Many (most?) epidemiologists believe this is probable but we don't know enough to say for certain. We don't know how quickly the virus mutates and more importantly, if the antibodies are effective against the mutations. This is why the serological test that Dr. Birx is talking about is so important and then they'll stick a needle in your arm to draw blood.

That "stick up your nose" may save a stick in the ground for someone else, possibly even a friend or loved one. While I don't want to contract the virus myself, I'm more worried about being asymptomatic and infecting other people - particularly my friends and family.