View Single Post

Old 04-01-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
Your 100% correct, I was hearing what I wanted to hear from the top, but when FOX started sounding alarmed, I had to start listening to the media take on seriousness of this virus.
Tucker Carlson of FOX News was talking about the coronavirus on FNC starting on February 3 - while the rest of the media were talking about impeachment.

Carlson:

Quote:
Anybody who imagined that this was just media hype turned out to be wrong. … Feb. 3 is the day that it was confirmed to me by a U.S. government official that this was a huge problem and that a lot of people could die. That’s when I learned it. And that’s the night we went on the air and said, “Wow this is something you really need to worry about.” Was there anybody else in politics on either side who was standing up in public and saying, “Drop what you’re doing and worry about this? I just don’t remember that there was.”
FNC employees have largely been working from home since the weekend of March 14-15. I'm not clear on this "when FOX started sounding alarmed" comment, unless you've been in a bubble.

Fox News To Implement Telecommuting, Other Measures For Employees – Deadline