View Single Post

Old 04-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
I've yet to hear from anyone who understands what is really happening in the US and globally suggest that we don't need more widespread testing. While you may not want a "stick up your nose" it is not for "no good reason." This isn't going away until we have a vaccine or until enough people contract the virus and develop antibodies and are not able to continue to spread the virus (R naught is < 1). Many (most?) epidemiologists believe this is probable but we don't know enough to say for certain. We don't know how quickly the virus mutates and more importantly, if the antibodies are effective against the mutations. This is why the serological test that Dr. Birx is talking about is so important and then they'll stick a needle in your arm to draw blood.

That "stick up your nose" may save a stick in the ground for someone else, possibly even a friend or loved one. While I don't want to contract the virus myself, I'm more worried about being asymptomatic and infecting other people - particularly my friends and family.
So you want to test 330 million? I get testing for those exhibiting symptoms. I will not submit to tests for exploration if I’m not symptomatic. Like I said earlier, you can be negative on Monday and positive on Thursday. And as for drawing blood, can’t do that without my permission either.

Last edited by DianeM; 04-01-2020 at 11:15 AM.