View Single Post

Old 04-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Please learn what your amenity fees support before making comments like this. Check the treads on this topic. My question which people who support suspending the amenity fees never seem to answer is; is it ok if the fire department or the paramedics do not show up because of not having funds to support their departments? These services are supported by amenity fees.
I support your thoughts, but I must correct you. Amenity fees do not pay for Villages fire safety and EMS service.

The amenity fees provide funding for items such as common area maintenance, community watch, recreation centers and activities, water retention areas, gate and postal facility maintenance and executive golf courses.
The amenity fee revenue from the Village Center residents or those living north of CR 466 is collected in the Recreation Amenities Division Fund that is normally called the RAD fund.
The amenity fee revenue from the Sumter Landing residents or those living south of CR 466 is collected in the Sumter Landing Amenities Division Fund that is normally called SLAD.

The Villages Fire Protection District is funded by a Non-Ad Valorem assessment which appears on your annual property tax bill.