View Single Post

Old 04-02-2020, 05:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Never seen where golf carts riding on paved paths create "wear and tear" on the golf course itself. Neither have I ever seen much in the way of wear and tear on these paths either. So apparently these "trail fees" are being used for something else. If just half the households (50,000 units) pay the $140 yearly fee, that's 7 million bucks. Sorry - I don't see 7 million dollars of cart path work being done each year on the exec courses.
There are around 100,000 PEOPLE living in the Villages.
There are only around 50,000 HOUSEHOLDS.

Only around 2/3 of them are occupied year-round, and several households are occupied by people who don't play golf at all. Some members don't play golf regularly enough to warrant paying the yearly fee, and instead pay as they go, per trip (which I believe is $2 per person? Someone who plays the exec courses will correct me but it's beside the point). And some people walk the course, thus not having to pay the trail fee at all, ever.

Given that some of them are members of the country clubs, thus not having to pay that $140/year in trail fees at all (since country club membership waives that) -

do a little creative mathematics:

There's maybe 15,000 households that are actually paying that yearly trail fee.

So that comes to around $2,100,000. That covers the upkeep of the paths, throughout over 30 square miles of golf courses, every year.