View Single Post

Old 04-02-2020, 02:03 PM

Horrified by the dog owners that allow their dog to walk wherever they want. Tragedy waiting to happen!
DOG TRAINING 101: Always teach your dog to walk on your LEFT side on a leash. There are reasons for that, including safety. You walk on the left against traffic (as per law) and that keeps you between the dog and the dangers of the road. Dogs are unpredictable and can suddenly pull to the side - right into oncoming traffic.
If everyone does it consistently, then a dog being walked in the opposite direction is safely on the OTHER side of the road with their human barrier. Many dogs are terrified of other dogs and this keeps a safe distance for all. Dogs need guidance; if people can't be bothered to teach their dog the basics, they shouldn't be dog owners.
A pet peeve: I hate those long flexileads. Dogs should be walked on 4 - 6 feet leashes next to your LEFT side. People let their dogs run across streets to "greet" us without reining them in and the next thing you know you have a confrontation with 2 upset snarling dogs. NOT COOL!!! Also, walking is for exercise. My dogs relieve themselves in their yard before their walkies or wait until they get back to THEIR own yard. They walk in the street and we do not let them onto other people's lawns. It's common sense and really quite simple.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."