View Single Post

Old 04-02-2020, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The actual order allowed outdoor activities with social distancing, and mentioned running, fishing, cycling and walking. It did not specifically allow or disallow golf.

According to the front page of today's DS, golf is permitted with social distancing. Let's wait and see, after all, it is the "happy paper"

Now IF, repeat IF that is true, I would like to state the following:
On this thread, I have used my knowledge of virology and epidemiology to advocate that golf with social distancing is a relatively safe activity, and I believe I spoke for many. There is a small group of posters, mostly newbies, who for whatever reason, be it fear, panic or ignorance, vehemently disagreed with that assessment. So in return, I've been called an "idiot", "selfish", "unpatriotic", a "spreader", and the most laughable of all, literally causing me to ROFL, "unprofessional"

So IF, repeat IF the front page is correct, I have just one word for all those people-----"FORE!"
Seems that UV from the sun and fresh air dilution effect further reduce the risk.
So probably safer outside on a golf course than inside at a grocery if everything else is the same.

Think of it as being around smokers, would you prefer inside or outside where you can step away.