View Single Post

Old 04-03-2020, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
entitled
I think the OP is hurt and angered as many are at the unfair taunts on social media about all villagers by some of those who live close by. It is hard not to be hurt and angered. In fact most of us are at least annoyed.

We have to try to remember that the ones taunting are few and the ones deserving criticism are few.

And the ones taunting are envious and think of us as privileged. Worse yet some think we don't deserve to live here and that our ability to live in The Villages just "fell on us". We know better. One of the reasons I love this place is because most of us got here by living and working for many decades and saving our money and many sacrificed many instant gratifications and luxuries in our lifetime to be able to retire to Florida and live here where there is an added amenity fee. We sidestepped many pitfalls because we were careful and frugal. No matter how little we made, we didn't live paycheck to paycheck, didn't waste money, didn't get the latest phone, expensive tattoos, or ate out every night. Some of us, after reusing our clothes, mending what was broken and being fiscally conservative, day after day, year after year became people with more money than they started out with. Most of us didn't steal, trick, scam or cheat to have a little or quite a bit extra in our old age.

We all know we are entitled to nothing and if we lost most of it, we know how to live without much. We did it before. We also know that the real value in life rests in those who we love and who love us.