View Single Post

Old 04-03-2020, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
If you hit the cup that holds the flagstick, the United States Golf Association has ruled that counts as a hole-in-one and you can post that score as a valid round of golf that will be used to determine your USGA handicap.
Nowhere does the USGA state this. This is a current rumor that has been spread by those that want to count these as holes in one. For handicapping purposes, they state you can post your score as long as you correct the score to accurately show what your score would have actually been without the PVC. i.e. - a putt is rolling at the proper speed and hits the PVC dead center (or nearly dead center), it's probably in. If it glances off the outer portion of the PVC, it's most likely not - if you put the ball touching the PVC, the ball is rolling outside of the hole - no way it's going in.

By these rules, there is no way you can tell from the tee where the ball hit the PVC, and how hard it hit - thus no hole in one.

I had one Saturday, and another on Tuesday. I did not register them - they are not real hole in ones.

This is croquet golf, not real golf. Claiming a hole in one now is worse than a hole in one on the bigger holes (those are not sanctioned by the USGA either).