View Single Post

Old 04-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

From my vantage point it helped sell my home. In May 2011 after a LSV in TV I listed my home in Maryland for sale at 8pm in the evening. The next morning they showed the home at 10am and at noon I had an offer and sold the home to the first person to see the home.

The woman that bought the home was the incoming new manager of the Wegman's they built about a block away. She toured 9 homes on day one and on day two we were the first and last. They asked, why did you buy that home. She said, I had just had my kitchen remodeled back in Rochester and I wasn't going to settle for a home that did have the kitchen updated. She said after seeing ten homes, we were the first to have an updated kitchen and that sold the home.

I don't have many photos, this shows some of the kitchen. We had the old oak cabinets removed and new shaker style with contemporary hand pulls, Santa Cecilia granite and Whirlpool Stainless Appliances, recessed lightning, bamboo floors, and the wall between the kitchen and dining room removed. Santa Cecilia is a level 1 granite, it's probably in the $30 to $35 range installed with a standard edge.

The Villages Florida