View Single Post

Old 04-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

'39 Chevy coupe, sick six, three on the tree. I replaced it ASAP with a '47 Ford coupe, flathead V8 into which I ended up putting an Olds V8. Put the old flathead into my brother's chopped Model A Coupe. Then I got into convertibles and never looked back. My favorites were a 1955 Jaguar XK140 roadster I owned in college and then a 1967 RS SS L78 Camaro convertible with the 375 HP 396 having solid lifters and a huge Holley, a 4 speed and a 4:10 rear end. At that time I discovered and frequented Market Tire in the DC area, greatly benefitting from their warranty policy as I burned a lot of rubber with the car. It looked just like this one except the top was white. According to this video only 110 convertibles out of the 1,100 L78s were manufactured. Wish I still had it. 1967 Chevrolet Chevy Camaro RS SS L78 Convertible in Marina Blue - My Car Story with Lou Costabile - YouTube

At this point I mostly drive a BMW X5 xDrive 50i which I dearly love.

If anybody is into flatheads here is the website of a friend of mine from HS who has taken them to the extreme. Roadrunner Engineering - Home - Supercharge Your Ford Flathead

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 04-03-2020 at 06:30 PM.