View Single Post

Old 04-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
1955 Morris Minor that you could "Crank Up" if battery failed in winter. It was a
convertible.
OMG!!! We had one of those too. I can't remember if I was old enough to drive yet.

It was black, and the turn signals were a flipper thing that came out on either side of the car. No turn signal lights. Of course, before the strict rules. A Pittsburgh Authority Bus made a right turn from the left lane and pretty much did it in.

Then we had some German car that cracked my brother and I up because it said Fahrt on the gear shift indicator. We were young and immature.

Then we had a 1960 red Triumph Herald convertible (four seater) that I drove in high school and then college till it gave up the ghost. My father had died by then, or it would still be running today.

But my favorite car was my 1972 TR6. I loved that car till we had our second child in 1978, and it had no back seat. Well... I still loved it, but I had to give it up.

I really wanted a TR4 or 4A, but by the time we could afford one, they weren't being made. And used cars had a lot of problems back then.

My husband had a 1967 Mustang for about 20 years till we moved down here. He loved it. I didn't like driving it--no power steering, no power breaks, heater stuck on "On" and no air conditioning. It looked pretty cool, though.