View Single Post

Old 04-03-2020, 09:48 PM
Michael Charles

1975 Ford E-150 van bought it in 1978. It was a painters van which I proceeded to customize with a sun-roof, side port hole windows and louver covers over both rear and both side doors. I sent it to an upholstery shop where they custom made wall and ceiling panels in tuck and roll from black naugahyde! A custom Pioneer supertuner with a power booster and some pretty loud speakers. 4 inch foam glued on plywood then covered in a nice thick shag carpet to be able to sit on the floor comfortably and then had a custom 3 fold couch made which could fold out to a full size bed. Then I installed 2 cruising reclining captains chairs up front. I cruised around the states from my home in New England out west to Rawlins Wyoming down to Ashland/Protection Kansas then down on to Odessa Texas working my way around. I worked as a laborer on a natural gas pipeline as a welders helper, also worked on and off of oil rigs in west Texas. I took a year off from college to tour the country, what a long strange trip it was. Now I drive a '13 Chevy truck.