View Single Post

Old 04-04-2020, 04:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
“This is not a major threat for the people in United States, and this is not something the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about” - Dr. Fauci to
@gregkellyusa
, Jan 21, 2020

Twitter

Playing the blame game is fruitless, it's easy to find statements that in retrospect seem foolish today. (yes I have done it) I like Fauci and think he's trying to do the best he can.

This is on China, PERIOD.

Like I said in another thread, trying to blame anyone but China for our present lifestyle is like blaming the fire fighters after an arsonist sets your house on fire.
The quote was taken out of context. At the same time he did say we have to take it seriously and do everything the CDC recommends. . A month later he said - The risk of coronavirus in this country is still relatively low, but, as I said about the possibility of emerging into a pandemic, this could change. As of today, on the 17th of February, the risk is really relatively low. But we, the public health officials, have to take this seriously enough to be prepared for it changing and there being a pandemic.

So the bottom line was, they were watching it, in the event it did morph into something bigger, which of course, it did.