Thread: New Roofs
View Single Post

Old 04-04-2020, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I have noticed that many of my neighbors, just south of Lake Sumter, are receiving new roofs from their insurance companies. I was approached by a roofer wanting to file a claim for me for the dammange of "past" storms. He claimed he could get my deductible, as well. He indicated that he has a lawyer, out of Tampa, who handles the claim application on my behalf. My roof is 14 years old. they picked at the edges of the tabs to see if they were loose and take lots of pictures. I could see no obvious signs of damage. I can't imagine any adjuster paying a claim. Seems like insurance fraud to me.
Careful, in many states it’s against the law for a contractor to “get your deductible” back. Obviously it’s insurance fraud if they/you inflate the claim to cover your deductible. I would encourage you to find a local reputable contractor. They can do a legitimate inspection of you roof and give you advise on whether to submit a claim or not. If you don’t know of a good local contractor ask your insurance agent.