View Single Post

Old 04-04-2020, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,034 Times in 4,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I have played the Champ courses for the last eight and one half years. I played twice this week and we practiced social distancing in both groups. Yesterday on Cane Garden I saw a group that had just finished and they were all sitting under a tree next to the first tee with most outside of their carts and no more that two to three feet apart. I live on Belle Glade and while walking my dog I noticed a foursome with four carts all standing on the T box no more than three to four feet from each other. Next I saw two women waiting to T off not more than two feet from each other in a conversation. If you want the golf courses to be CLOSED then keep it up. I guarantee you the powers to be are watching. I love golf and it is the main reason we moved here but some are just not caring or not listening to the rules of the Governor and our POTUS. Practice social distancing!
Agree!

I played TDS today and the guy (6 feet) ahead of me on line had to have social distancing explained to him---twice!! (DOH). The staffer also mentioned that the people living in the homes on the course are busy taking pictures of golfers whom are too close, at least in their estimation.

This is not rocket science. Golf management has set it up so you can pay for your round and sign in without touching anything or getting inside 6 feet. Play you round as usual, just take 4 carts and stay 6 feet away from each other. You're playing on a 150+ acre field, surely 4 people can stay 6 feet away from each other.

As far as the Cecil B. Demills go, there are probably 3 types:
a) people who are so paranoid that they think if 2 golfers get 5' 11 1/2" from each other they are both going to get the virus, and then spread it to them in the grocery store, and then they are going to die. I'll refrain from calling them names because they are simply paralyzed with fear----they won't admit it, instead they post how they are saving lives
b) people who have been closed out of their favorite activity so they want others to lose theirs. Them I'll call idiots and worse
c) the usual small core of Villagers that are always miserable and complaining, so this just gives them something new to gripe about

Is this right, no, but it is the reality. You can be sure these Ansel Adams wannabees will be busy sending in their pictures to the powers that be in an effort to get golf closed down. Sad, because 99% of the golfers are following the rules, but drive through neighborhoods and past park and there are tons of non-golfers congregating. Maybe they should point their cameras in that direction. The only person who I asked WHY they take pictures stated it was to "shame" these people. Pretty lame, does she really think that people who are congregating in defiance of an executive order from the governor of Florida would be all broken up by her "shaming" of them. Get real.

So bottom line, golfers, just follow instructions signing in and stay 6 feet away from each other. PLEASE!