View Single Post

Old 04-04-2020, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
I understand your concerns. I continue to play on the execs. I walk and carry sanitizer for myself and bleach wipes that I use whenever I touch a ball. Since I walk, when our group plays a scramble format, I usually go retrieve balls that aren’t being used on that hole, using a bleach wipe to pick them up and deliver them to their owner “never touched by human hands”. I also use the wipes on ball markers, tees, etc. It’s a bit of a pain, but it allows me to be out of the house.

The group I play with has been good at keeping distance, although old habits do die hard. But a quick reminder if someone starts to encroach works.

Stay safe. I may be joining you in house arrest if the spousal unit demands.

All that good protection is meaningless if someone sneezes 6 feet in front of you or behind you or to the left or right of you assuming no one is "encroaching" 2-3 feet away and the wind is blowing in your direction unless you plan on gargling or snorting the bleach. Remember, MANY people are Asymptomatic or PREsymptomatic. You never know where you "friends" may have been and picked up something unless you trace their movement (as in travel/shopping) history over the last 5 or 6 days before "the sneeze." Unless you are wearing a medical grade mask you could be SOL.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.