View Single Post

Old 04-05-2020, 09:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
I stopped 4 weeks ago along with men's day, and when I started a thread and announced it, I was blasted.
Reading all these replies, I think a lot of people missed the part at the top of my post where I said this is not to tell others what to do. Its what I did after conversation with my Doctor. Basically he told me the best way to lower risk is to stay away from people. Indoors the risk is much higher, but it is not zero outside. The chance of walking through a sneeze cloud outdoors while on a golf course or tailgating someone in a cart on the multimodal is very low, but is not zero. The chance of your golf ball rolling thru sneeze droplets on a green is also low, but entirely possible. I am a face toucher, I do it all the time and find it very hard to stop.

I read about a case the CDC traced, where they couldn't find any contact with infected individual. Then they found video of the guy sitting on a bench outside, then went back an hour and saw a known carrier sitting in same bench. Not sure if he licked his hands or what but it scared me.

I'm not mad at anyone who still plays golf, they are not endangering me because I'm not going near anyone anyway and I think it is relatively safe activity. Just decided to follow my Doctors advice, and reduce any activity where there are people.

It's a sad situation.