View Single Post

Old 04-05-2020, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I have a 2011 Yamaha with a Carburetor I bought new and July 2014 when the Marathon station on 466A at Pinellas Plaza opened I started buying the ethanol free gas in a 5 gallon can and using in my cart exclusively.

One warning, if you've been using regular ethanol gas in your older Yamaha and switch over you may have problems. The first time I filled the tank with the ethanol free I played 18 holes at Belle Glade and had no problems. The minute I pulled out of the parking lot to head home 4 miles the cart died. It would only operate at 4 mph or less, so a 20 minute ride took over an hour. When I got home I called my regular maintenance man Willie Wilcoxin and he looked at the cart and said, the clean gas has loosen up all the ethanol gunk in the carburetor and fuel lines and now they're blocked. He flushed everything out and for the past 6 years it runs great.

I recently bought gas for my car at the newer Circle K in Trailwinds and I noticed they have ethanol free gas as well and cheaper than Marathon. As noted earlier, they are the pumps with the blue handles and labeled recreation gas, I believe that is the outside pumping stations. Those in the new areas, I would think that the Marathon at Lake Deaton Plaza near Rohan probably has the ethanol free gas since they owned by the same man as Pinellas Plaza.

The Villages Florida