View Single Post

Old 04-05-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffresh View Post
First, let me say that I am always amused by folks, such as yourself, who levy ad hominem attacks against others who disagree with their opinions. Likewise, attributing traits, such as selfish, to someone whom you never met or talked to is presumptuous, at the very least. Now, having stated the glaringly obvious, allow me to state the following:

If a spark was lit in the mind of someone who read something I have written over the last couple of days, then, it was not wasted time on my part. If you actually read everything I've posted over the last few days, without allowing your own narrow-mindedness and debilitating prejudices from overwhelming your ability to read for comprehension, you would see that nowhere did I demand anyone to do anything against his will or good common sense. You are the one who is consumed with fear, to the extent that your discernment is compromised. I am not on this forum to convince anyone to do or not do anything in particular. I have merely attempted, in good faith, to caution against casting aside Constitutional safeguards, while clamoring for government to tell you what to do or not to do; perhaps you should, however! As Benjamin Franklin so wisely cautioned us:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety".

My cause was not to pontificate but to resurrect that wise admonition.

For anyone who may have been somehow convinced of that cause, I say GOOD. For anyone else who has remained intransigent toward that end, I say CARRY ON. I never try to convince steadfast believers about anything - life is too short. And, God willing I still will have one to live. I'm through with this thread.

Fred
We are not giving up our liberties to pursue "a little temporary safety", you idiot. We're talking about LIFE and DEATH here. You're the one who doesn't get it. No one cares about the Constitution right now except selfish minded people like you. You don't get the fact that it's people like you who have caused our "rights" to be taken away to begin with, because you won't stay home and help stop the spread so we can get things back to normal.

Last edited by sdedes; 04-05-2020 at 09:34 AM.