View Single Post

Old 04-05-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Experts tell White House virus can spread through talking or even just breathing

(CNN)A prestigious scientific panel told the White House Wednesday night that research shows coronavirus can be spread not just by sneezes or coughs, but also just by talking, or possibly even just breathing.

"While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences.

Fineberg told CNN that he will wear start wearing a mask when he goes to the grocery store.

Coronavirus can spread through talking or breathing, prestigious panel tells White House - CNN

Based on what I have seen of villagers ignoring guidelines, I predict more than 1000 cases confirmed here sometime in April. White House will probably recommend some kind of mask when going out to shop etc. I agree, this stuff is more contagious than thought.

White House task force could soon recommend Americans wear masks - CNNPolitics
After spending 30 years in the operating room, trust me when I tell you a regular surgical mask, cotton garment, etc. does not prevent virus from entering your nose or mouth. A virus is 1000 times smaller than the smallest bacteria. A virus passing through a surgical mask is like a moped passing through the opening in the Holland Tunnel. Surgical masks are used to prevent the Surgeon and staff from passing bacteria from themselves to the patient's tissue during surgery. By all means, wear one...it may make you feel better, but it won't protect you from getting a virus. And no, there's no such thing as "a little protection is better than no protection." It either stops the virus or it doesn't. Don't waste your time or money and don't give me the stink-eye when I show up at Publix without a mask.