View Single Post

Old 04-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
What have we been told by a very wise friend of our? Everything can change on a dime. NOTHING is promised to us. I love the adventurous spirit you guys have.

You and your wife are lucky that you've been to so many places. I am the one who has held us back from serious traveling. I'm NOTHING butt a GIGANTIC CHICKEN! Maybe thats something I'll change when this is over. Think I'll start with The Keys again.
NOTHING but really want to see the Keys. Have not been south of Ft. Myers yet here in Florida even though I have lived here since June of 1996. That is in Florida. I would housesit for two retired Maryland realtors in Palm Harbor, Florida when they took one week to three week trips all over the world. They had two very smart Westies named Heather and Chuck which were mother and son. They went to Hawaii, a boat trip on the Rhine, the US Southwest, Japan, many trips to DC and/or Maryland, the US Northwest, the Canadian rails, etc.

He had been a Lt. Commander in the Navy and she was an analyst for the CIA before being realtors.

He passed and eventually she had one of her sons take over from my housesitting a few years after we moved to the Villages in 2005. I would drive down to Palm Harbor, FL and watch her house. Her trips were shorter too. And Heather and Chuck had gone over the Rainbow Bridge by then as well.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-05-2020 at 05:27 PM.