View Single Post

Old 04-05-2020, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
There may be situations where someone takes in a little more than they would have by working...but this is short term, eventually they will go back to work

hand outs are nice, but eventually you run out of other people's money

Do you really need the $1200 stimulus check that you'll be getting? Doubtful if you live in TV

Mine is going to a food bank that will be helping the very same people that you think may be getting just a little more $$$$ on unemployment than if they were working

they were just getting by anyway...just like the folks that pick potatoes in your home state of Maine for low wages, or trap lobsters
Good comments. Yes, I do need the stimulus check. My healthcare employer cut hours with no unemployment opportunities to make up those hours or funds. I make just above minimum wage. Do I live in The Villages, yes. My home is modest, I have worked hard, like most of us in The Villages and will likely go to full retirement age before I collect social security. Because I live here does not mean I am wealthy. Yup, I am getting by just like the folks who pick the potatoes in my home State. We are tough and know what we have to do to survive.