View Single Post

Old 04-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The following may surprise everyone, it certainly surprised me (and I live on a golf course)

By Raymond Schumann - Board Certified Real Estate Attorney:

"Golf course communities always have a section in their deed restrictions, easements and covenants that permit golfers to retrieve their errant balls. This section might read: "Every Lot and the Common Area is burdened with an easement permitting golf balls hit from the Club facilities to unintentionally come upon the Lot and for golfers at reasonable times and in a reasonable manner to come upon the exterior portions of the Lot to retrieve errant golf balls." If the Lot is fenced or walled, the documents usually confirm that the golfer must seek the Owner's or Occupant's permission before entry.
In other words, people may enter property to retrieve items such as golf balls, or pets if they do so in a reasonable manner. Tearing down a fence would not be considered reasonable. Every owner of property located on or adjacent to a golf course should become familiar with the applicable sections of the deed restrictions, easements and covenants governing their property."

I still won't go into someone's yard to retrieve a ball, but if someone comes into my yard, they apparently have the legal right to do so. There are certain properties on certain courses (and golfers know where they are), that you should avoid at all costs---the homeowner is NUTS--to the point that he has a restraining order against him
I don't think rummaging through someone's landscaping would qualify as a reasonable manner.