View Single Post

Old 04-06-2020, 08:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Ok, I'll take a stab a debunking that anecdotal report. This doctor from Long Island treated 47 outpatient nursing home patients with his drug combination. Of those 47, 45 were Covid positive. The other 2 apparently were negative. With medication 38 did not require hospitalization but 2 died apparently without hospitalization and 7 were transferred to the hospital.

This is meaningless with the article not telling you what the recovery, hospitalization, and death rate of nursing home patients would be without the drug combo. Did the article tell you? No Did you look it up? Doubtful.

9 of 47 of outpatient elderly treated with medication went on to hospitalization or death. That is a 7/47 or 15% hospitalization rate and an additional 4.3% death rate. Combined that is about 20% failure to prevent deterioration rate. Of course the rate may actually be higher as some of those who did not get hospitalized may have gotten sicker after the medications but not transferred.

This article from The Lancet which looked at large numbers of cases concluded:

"...estimates of the proportion of infected individuals likely to be hospitalised increased with age up to a maximum of 18·4% (11·0–7·6) in those aged 80 years or older. "

So without drugs you would expect 18.4% of persons over 80 to need hospitalization. Seems like that is just about identical to the amazing success claimed by this anecdotal report.

And this is why people who don't understand why medicine demands placebo controls to prove efficacy should not be misinforming readers on TOTV.
Have you treated any coronavirus patients? I'm just posting links to reports of Doctors who are and what they are saying. I suggest you contact them and let them know they are misinforming people.

Also funny how you chose only the report from New York with elderly patients with a host of existing maladies, not the ones reporting 100% success, zero intubations etc