View Single Post

Old 04-06-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It has nothing to do with what anyone WANTS. It has to do with fact vs. interpretation. Science vs. possibility.

It's possible that a person might recover from COVID-19 without any special medicine - and we know this, because tens of thousands of people have recovered from it, without any special medicine. It's also possible that this medicinal cocktail can provide an effective treatment. It is ALSO possible that this medicinal cocktail, when taken by the wrong person, will kill that person. The same person who MIGHT have recovered without any special medicinal intervention at all.

We don't know, that this medicine is both effective AND safe to use for this particular sickness. We know it's safe and effective for malaria for MOST people (there are exceptions here too). But this isn't malaria and a chemical interaction between the virus and the drug and the OTHER drug this is being combined with - could very well be a death sentence, to someone who might not have died without it.
Orange Blossom, This drug has been in use since 1955. Obviously during that time there have been numerous occasions when a patient was given an antibiotic concurrently and in 65 years use EVERY antibiotic has been used concurrently. It may or may not be effective but every anecdotal report has been positive. Personally I wouldn't take it as a prophylactic but if I had a positive test I would. A rheumatologist who specializes in Lupus said he has never had a patient hospitalized from complications and considers it virtually without risk.