View Single Post

Old 04-07-2020, 09:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There are patients with lupus, arthritis, and other conditions who are already taking hydroxychloroquine for these disorders, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19. Obviously it isn't a preventative. The "great success" in France is disputed BY France. The country's medical experts are split on the useage of the drug.

What's your source for your statement that going on a ventilator is "more than likely" a death sentence? I've never heard that one before, ever in my life. In fact - ventilators are used to save lives, not end them. If you're just waxing philosophical or applying a heavy dose of hyperbole and rhetoric, that's the sort of thing that scares people into doing very stupid, very dangerous things out of desperation. Those are the very things that some of us here are trying to prevent, by presenting facts, and challenging internet theories.
I am well aware that this medication is used for lupus and arthritis. I never said it was a preventive medication except for malaria. It is currently being used to TRY to save lives. It is not necessary for the mild cases but rather for severe cases. Every single news channel has pointed out that the cocktail being used is showing great potential. Potential beats nothing hands-down.

Vents are good for two or three days. Beyond that, the likelihood of getting off the vent is slim to none. That too has been all over the news including the governor of New York (#1 hotspot).

Desperate times make for successful resolutions. If someone in dire straits wants to try this therapy, I applaud their decision and would do the same thing. There is no reward for dying because you’re too stubborn to try.

Last edited by DianeM; 04-07-2020 at 09:26 AM.