View Single Post

Old 04-10-2020, 05:09 PM
Default Extending a Six Month Priority Golf Membership to a Year

My wife and I are Snowbirds (sorry). We own a Villa in Amelia and for 6 years we have paid for the 6-month Golf Priority membership (6-months = $792, Annual = $990, for a couple). I thought perhaps I could extend the 6-mth membership to a year membership by paying the difference of ~$200 as we are not able to travel under the circumstances: Covid19.

I spoke with a nice woman, “Sue”, at the Golf and Tennis Admin to inquire whether we could extend our 6 month membership to a year and pay the difference of $200 in consideration of our plight…Sue told me that the only option I have is to pay for another 6 months ($792) that I cannot extend my 6 month membership to a year. (under normal circumstances I can understand this…).

I asked to speak to her supervisor to see if an exception could be made and was told that her manager, “Kala”, was busy and would call me back. I haven’t heard back yet as I am sure Kala is rather busy…. My feeling is that with the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in there might be some accommodations made by The Villages to allow for a one-time extension. We will see when “Kala” returns my call.

Am I being unreasonable in asking for an extension for the $200 difference rather than having to pay another $800 for the next 6 months??? (Had I known last fall that I’d be here this summer due to the pandemic I would have gladly paid the annual fee).

I appreciate any feedback, I don’t mean to be a complainer or rabble-rouser…