View Single Post

Old 04-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

One thing that concerns me - is couples who go shopping together, or families that go together. This is really not the time to experience togetherness in a supermarket. I get that the kids need to get out of the house. I totally get it. I also totally get that your wife, or husband, or sister, brother, needs to be able to enjoy your company outside the confines of your four walls, in a social situation.

But you really all need to stop doing it at stores, for now. There are already more people shopping than usual at supermarkets because frankly, there's no other place to go. Take turns. Write up lists, with alternatives. Bring your cell phones and don't be shy about using them to call your significant other and tell him "they don't have the baked ham, can you tolerate the boiled just this once dear?"

You don't need an entire family of four to go grocery shopping. Heck the other stores ARE closed in the strip mall, why not have the other three go for a walk, while one of you is inside doing the actual shopping? You can meet back at the car. That way everyone gets out of the house, is able to maintain a safe distance from other people while still enjoying the existence of those other people.