View Single Post

Old 04-12-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post
Somewhere between those who are still trying to live as if everything is normal, and those who would have us all hiding under the bed for the next 6 months, is that elusive and not-so-common thing called common sense.

It’s reported that 96% of all cases are classified as “mild”, and that 98+% of all cases make a full recovery. Even so, none of us know who would fall into that small category of those who have either a critical case or a death. That’s enough to take this seriously, even with the odds in humanity’s favor.

That said, fresh air and exercise are good for us, both physically and mentally. Unless social distancing is blatantly being ignored, the ambassadors chasing us off walking paths seems kind of ridiculous, which happened to me earlier this week. The Belmont course is closed for maintenance, but the path was being used by walkers and bikers, and it’s a place that affords hundreds of feet of distance between people. No one was walking on the grass that was being aerated and fertilized.

We all left, but I've since observed so many people and carts all bunched up at the various courses. What sense does that make, and where’s the consistency of the rule application?

Then to hear of cops breaking up a small group of people on carts who were staying apart? I don’t know.....that scares me almost as much as the threat of this virus. We are only a couple steps away from being asked for our papers!

Stay safe and stay SANE.
Can you provide the source of your statistics? I think they are optimistic but appear to be dangerously misleading