View Single Post

Old 04-13-2020, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I was talking to an Ambassador... he said if golf is shut down in The Villages, it will probably be because people are sneaking on courses after the 4pm curfew.
There are "golf haters" taking pictures of golfers, and Community Watch has been told to patrol and call the sheriff if people on the course won't leave.
Maybe you golfed after hours before with no repercussions, but this is a different time.
Please don't be selfish...
This has already been discussed on another thread with over 100 posts, you must of missed it. There is a difference between no teetimes after 4pm and the course is closed at 4pm. What we have is no teetimes after 4pm, and the course is always closed to walkers, joggers, dog walkers, bicyclist, residents and outsiders playing golf without going through the starter. Now, as far as what we really have. GolfingEagles explained it best on that other thread, here it is.

Quote:
The last TEE TIME is 4 PM (or 3:58 if you prefer)

What this means:

On executive courses, at 4:03, there will be groups on EVERY hole, the last group on the 1st green (hopefully)

By 5:30, the course would (hopefully) be empty, but give it to 6PM. After that, any of the self appointed golf course police can feel free to call somebody.

On championship courses, there will be groups on EVERY hole, the last ones being halfway down the 1st fairway. By 8PM (hopefully) the course should be empty, but give it to 8:15. At that point the same self appointed golf course police can call somebody. The golfers will be easily recognized by the flashlights they are carrying
I kow your next comment is, don't shoot me I'm just the messenger, I'm just telling you what the ambassador said. I'm just telling you, what he said wasn't correct. What's correct is what GolfingEagles said.