View Single Post

Old 04-16-2020, 10:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,527 Times in 3,112 Posts

I don't have a singular favorite live performance. I have singular favorite moments in each of the live performances. I remember John Denver's enormous bed in the middle of the stage when he sang Grandma's Feather Bed at the New Haven Coliseum in I believe 1975. I remember certain moments in each of the Yes shows I've been to, starting in 1977, every single year until 1980, and then every year from 1984 until Jon Anderson had to leave due to illness in I believe 2005-ish (I still have the ticket somewhere, can't remember what year it was). I remember being impressed by Rick Wakeman's son when he performed for Yes one year at Oakdale Theatre.

I remember SO vividly when Ian Anderson rose up out of the stage, which was set to resemble a ship, at the start of his Broadsword and the Beast tour in Massachusetts.

I remember the wineskin that the brother of someone in the Grateful Dead passed me, because he happened to be sitting next to me that night, and then going back stage to meet the band. That was in New Haven too.

When it comes to music and sound, I have a very vivid, 3D memory of things I enjoy. So they're all my favorites.