Thread: Bicyclists
View Single Post

Old 04-17-2020, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts
Default Bicyclists

So you're on a multi-modal path. That's great. You should have a helmet on, but hey that won't affect me one way or another if you lose control or crash into a car at an intersection, so that's all good.

HOWEVER

if I'm behind you, in a golf cart, and the speed limit is 20, and I'm going at a reasonable pace of 16-18mph, then please let me pass you. You were going only around 9mph when I got close. I went to pass you and instead of letting me, you sped up to over 12mph. That meant it would take me a lot longer to pass you, and that's unsafe since it's a 2-way multi-modal and only enough room on it for 2 golf carts passing each other - not 2 golf carts and a bicycle.

It wouldn't have been TOO bad, if it was just as far as the stop sign.

But you went all the way from Buena Vista on the Camino Real path, all the way to Paige Place, refusing to allow me to pass you while you continued to speed up and slow down - almost as if you were daring me to go fast enough to succeed safely (which was not possible). You also rode your bike RIGHT THROUGH those stop signs. Every single one of them. On one, you didn't even slow down. You were going 12 mph right through it. That was the entry to one of the villages near the Savannah center.

Don't do that, guy. And wear a helmet if you value your safety because one of these days, the person behind you won't be me. It'll be someone who doesn't give a damn about anyone but his own convenience.