View Single Post

Old 04-18-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
All parties are in this economic downturn together and need to work together to weather the storm. The perception that "they have all the money" lacks the reality that "they are taking most of the risk", to the tune of hundreds of millions. What The Villages (developer) is doing with their merchants and contractors is their business not ours, unless it's your money at risk you have no say and your opinions matter not. It's in the best interest of all parties that everything survives this mess, and they know it, more so than you or I.

How many falsely perceive the wealthy
In addition to what Goldwingnut has already stated I ask the question what business of yours is it what actions are taken by the Developer between him and his rentors/business associates. Would it make you feel better if they agreed to forgive one month's rent? The truth is this would just give the developer bashers more fuel to start saying how cheap they are for not giving two, three or more months. Furthermore, as a rentor/leasee how would you feel about the developer sharing your private terms and conditions with the world? Next month you would probably expect the businesses to offer discounts to you since they got free rent. Unless you are a stockholder or partner of the businesses connected to the lease it is non of your business. Perhaps you may think it is the developers responsibility to share this information to satisfy your own curiosity but I can see this as wrong on so many levels. Perhaps we should require each prospective homeowner to share his tax returns with his future neighbors just so they can feel better about who will be living next door. Would that be acceptable to those who feel entitled to this type of sharing?