View Single Post

Old 04-18-2020, 02:17 PM
Default Oh my

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarra View Post
Bill and Melinda Gates have done more than anyone to help the world deal with Epidemics, so his take on what we are experiencing is timely.

Bill Gates on Fighting Coronavirus | The Daily Social Distancing Show - YouTube

He covers the important topics -

- When we should be thinking about re-opening the economy? (gradually, and then only when it's under control meaning well past it's peak - probably early summer)

- Is the cost of the current solution (economic) worse than the problem? (No) 8:15

- Where we stand in our testing ability? (we are still behind, and this is delaying our ability to get past this)

- Does the entire country need to follow the guidelines? (Yes, and states not doing so undermines all our efforts) 16:25

- Can we start doing sports again soon? (No - far too risky when large groups of people are involved)

- Are there benefits to cheerleading? (it's actually dangerous as it leads to people not taking it seriously enough to follow the precautions)

He also provides some things we can be doing -

- Wear masks when going out

- We need to start building the factories to make the vaccines now rather than waiting 18:30

I wish we had someone like Bill Gates leading our government - I would feel a lot more confident about our ability to respond.
Where did Mr. Gates get his medical degree?