View Single Post

Old 04-20-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
There will be no published increase in numbers of COVID patients until there is more testing. If there is no testing, everyone thinks there is no problem with this pandemic. Moreover, not all people who have this disease are being reported. Case in point, a couple who are neighbors became sick as dogs after an early March plane trip. They had the EMT's at their house at least two times but were not transported to the hospital. The woman was finally tested. The man was not. I saw the man a bit later in his front yard watering his plants. In our across the street chat (he was wearing neither gloves nor mask), he told me he was feeling better (although he had lost 20 pounds) so the previous day he had walked to the postal station to pick up his mail. Presumably, he did so without face mask or gloves. He had never been tested. The next day I found out from another neighbor that the woman had tested positive for COVID. Here is how the stats would be reported. During their illness, neither of them would have counted as being positive for COVID. Neither would have been reported as sick. As they recuperate, the woman would have been reported as positive. He would not have been. I am sure their situation is not unique. The numbers we see are vastly underreported. Are you ready to go to your postal station without gloves and mask now?
PERFECT !!!!
Sorry about your neighbors health problems!