View Single Post

Old 04-26-2020, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I find it odd that so many people in TV don't like to cook and choose to go out to eat all the time....the restaurants in TV are okay, but the food is pretty average

both my wife and I worked in restaurants growing up...we learned a lot of the tricks of the trade and are aware of what is unseen by the public (and it's not really horrible...it just would never happen at home)...we've traveled the world for business and for pleasure dinning out and enjoyed some fabulous meals

we do enjoy going out to dinner occasionally for a special event or just for a change (that's the model that our parents showed us)

we actually like to cook...over the years cooking became a hobby for us....we'd take culinary classes at colleges on the weekends....
we make a lot of our meals from scratch

once you actually take the time to learn how to cook it's pretty easy....especially if you can read directions

most household cycle through the same 23 recipes all the time....that can become pretty boring for both the cook and the diner
…. inject some new recipes into your life.

you put on less weight if you eat primarily at home....you can control what goes into it....and it's a lot less expensive

We've published a family cookbook with all the recipes that our kids have enjoyed over the years so that those dishes are never lost to them (BTW- that was a huge success one Christmas)

we like to cook with wine...and yup, sometimes it's even called for in the recipe