View Single Post

Old 04-26-2020, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Your question is reasonable. And the TIME article tells you the answer. None of the countries has lifted restrictions. Some have eased restrictions and only in the last week. As you certainly know the incubation period is up to 2 weeks and then there is a delay between first symptoms and disease progression to the point a person may be sick enough to be tested, then longer until death. So it will take at least 3 weeks from any relaxation to know if it is causing a rebound. And 3 weeks out will only tell you something about that specific relaxation, not complete abandonment of restrictions.

The answer is NOT that the media is hiding information from anyone. It is too soon both from the timing and the mild loosening of restrictions. Patience grasshopper.
Thanks for your input, Blueash. I'm on the fence about lifting restrictions anytime soon (or rather "easing" them as the other countries have done, as you correctly point out). I can see the pros and cons of both sides. But I'm thinking it would be prudent to wait for some good data from those countries before we proceed.

I would just like to avoid additional large scale suffering and giving the critics an opportunity to say something like many more people are dying because of poor judgment and incompetence. We should have waited just a few more weeks to see how the other countries turn out first.

Our nation usually does a better job of planning than this, in my opinion.

Last edited by LiverpoolWalrus; 04-26-2020 at 10:09 PM.