Thread: Kitchen Remodel
View Single Post

Old 04-30-2020, 08:14 AM

OK to be clear this is not just replacing my countertops. I am looking at removing part of the peninsula and putting in an island. I need a general contractor as I do not want to take any of the responsibility on. Home Depot and Lowe’s would not be in the mix. Looking specifically for a good General Contractor. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDoc View Post
We had Home Depot do the counters. We purchased quartz counter top at a good sale price. The money savings was not worth it! They use a an independent multi-state contractor called Crew2. It took them three weeks to get the counter cut correctly. They broke the first one on delivery. They re-cut two more that were still cut out wrong around the sink. We had a different installation crew come to the house each time. They got it mostly correct the fourth time. We wanted zero reveal. Ended up with negative reveal but we were so frustrated we let it go.

The local store on 441 Lady Lake could care less once they made the sale. We called them numerous times. Spoke to Michelle our salesperson who said we would get a call back. Never heard a word back from them.

What a nightmare.

Life is a constant learning experience

Last edited by cmj1210; 04-30-2020 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Typo