View Single Post

Old 05-09-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
It seems to me that some individuals -- and countries -- operate under the Vulcan theory that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. They feel that a higher (but still relatively low, mind you) death rate is a tragic but necessary consequence in order to forestall an even more catastrophic economic collapse.
Michael Burry MD who was the subject of the movie "THE BIG SHORT" had an opinion on that very subject. He said.........

“Universal stay-at-home is the most devastating economic force in modern history,” Burry wrote in an email to Bloomberg News. “And it is man-made. It very suddenly reverses the gains of underprivileged groups, kills and creates drug addicts, beats and terrorizes women and children in violent now-jobless households, and more. It bleeds deep anguish and suicide.”

“I would lift stay-at-home orders except for known risk groups. We already know certain conditions that are predictive of severe disease. Especially since young healthy lungs tend to be resistant, I would let the virus circulate in the population that is not likely to get severe disease from it. This is the only path that comes close to balancing the needs of all groups. Vaccines are not coming anytime soon, so natural immunity is the only way out for now. Every day, every week in the current situation is ruining innumerable lives in a criminally unjust manner.”

"If COVID-19 testing were universal, the fatality rate would be less than 0.2%. This is no justification for sweeping government policies, lacking any and all nuance, that destroy the lives, jobs, and businesses of the other 99.8%."