View Single Post

Old 05-10-2020, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
I go to Publix two or three times a week. I see the same people who work there each time. If the indoors is such a virus haven, how is it that they are still there working and not dying from this pandemic. I think that as infectious as it is, it's really overblown.
Because we are required to take greater precautions. Regular hand-sanitizing, hand-washing, currently we're required to wear masks inside and out if we're on the clock. Our breakroom chairs have been spaced 5 feet apart (that's the best we can do and still have 3 people sitting down). We have shields between the customer and the cashier to prevent droplets from crossing in either direction.

Cart cleaners wear gloves and have their hands (with gloves) CONSTANTLY exposed to industrial strength surface sanitizer, so even if they have to touch their masks to adjust them, it's more likely that they're actually sanitizing their masks in the process rather than infecting them.

Most of us are taking more precautions at the workplace, than most of you do when you come to the supermarket or do anything else for that matter.

That's why most of us aren't sick.