View Single Post

Old 05-13-2020, 05:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
With all the hand-wringing going on fearing the worst after we reopen the economy, it seems to me it could be beneficial to focus like a laser beam on the experience of other countries. China, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, Italy and Spain have all locked down. They were hit hard but eventually lifted their restrictions, or are in the process of doing so now.

I would think the media would report on how those countries are doing, but I'm not hearing or reading much of anything and there's very little information about this on the internet, that I've been able to find anyway. Our outcome should be similar to theirs, so where is the curiosity about how they're doing? We can learn a lot from these countries, and perhaps mitigate our fears...or substantiate them if lifting the restrictions is backfiring.

The media give the people what they want, so my guess is the American populace doesn't care too much about how the other hard hit countries have fared. Perhaps we would rather just worry and assume the worst?
Unlike for example the United Kingdom, they have various newspapers who favor the Conservatives or Labor parties. Mirror, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Guardian etc.

However, they pretty much are in agreement on their reporting and tell the truth regarding Covid 19.

Unfortunately not so much here the media have an agenda, plain and simple are not truthful in their reporting of Covid 19.