View Single Post

Old 05-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Per the link in Post #6, you are incorrect.

"But if the aprons or fringes of putting greens are cut short enough that putting from off the green is likely to be a common choice of stroke, immovable obstructions that are close to the putting green may interfere with such strokes.

"In that case, the Committee can choose to give an extra relief option under Rule 16.1 when a player’s ball lies in the general area or on the putting green and an immovable obstruction close to the putting green is on the player’s line of play."

"And many golf courses (and some golf tournaments) do have such a local rule in effect. So it pays to know your course's local rules. (They are often posted in the clubhouse and/or printed on the scorecard.)"
I stand corrected. I haven't studied the rules of golf for a long time. I believe that this is a new policy by USGA.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.