View Single Post

Old 05-14-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,915 Times in 918 Posts

Update for the skeptics: suburban houses entering a bidding war as urbanites want to have a yard versus a park:

Quote:
Now bidding wars are coming back with a vengeance. Seattle @Redfin agent David Hokenson reports, “My client was in a 24-offer bidding war for a 1960s home that grandma had never updated. It was listed for $360k, we bid $400k, and didn’t even come close.”
So for the skeptics, TV is not the same as the general country. Urban dwellers may be changing their minds about what the best place is to live, especially with more working from home, which favors suburbia with more individual space than the cities.

TV will most likely lag, but with enough early forced job seekers in their early 60s, there may be a small wave who gives up on re-entering the job market just to get a larger social security payment. I know several peers, who have given up and moved into retirement phase, just not in FL, prior to the pandemic. I will be joining their ranks in July, but we still have a year or two from moving down, although I keep the hope alive with coachk

sportsguy